Friday, July 25, 2008

Sound Experiments

I haven't done much with sound editing, but I'd like to. As proof of the concept, here are two "sound experiments" I did for Family Court about two years ago. They demonstrate the capabilities of the Sony Sound Studio software I was using. Each is a little "song" of sorts lasting about a minute.

The first clip plays in the background of this page...


It demonstrates the cutting and pasting of sound clips. Be sure to click on the "backwards" link for the alternate version.

The second clip is a little story playing in the background of this page...


This was concocted entirely in the "studio" using background noises provided with the software.

One of my favorite jobs in the movie biz is "Foley artist" -- the person who provides the various environmental sounds of a movie.